Wayne Dalton Torquemaster iDrive Troubleshooting Questions and Answers
1. My iDrive TorqueMaster will not respond to wall station
or remotes and there is no audible feedback from operator. What can I
Verify power at outlet, check the connection at receptacle, check
connection at operator. If iDrive has power and no audible beeps are
heard Motor Control Board must be replaced.
2. When I press the button to open the door the iDrive chirps 5 times and overhead light flashes.
Operator is in vacation mode. Move the vacation switch located under
the cover on wall station down to lock then back up to unlock. Operator
will beep once indicating it is out of vacation mode.
3. One of my hand held remotes does not work but others do.
Replace battery or batteries in the remote and reprogram remote.
4. When I press my Wall Station to open or close door
operator responds with a 1 second, then ½ second beep followed by a
chirp and no operator start.
There is no profile in operator. Run install routine.
5. When I press my Wall Station to open or close door I get one beep.
Motor is not detected. Check motor connection to operator or replace motor.
6. My door opens 1’ and stops. When I press up/down button again door closes.
Check door balance. Pull red emergency release handle on right hand
side of door and lock into bottom of bracket. Ensure there are no
children or pets in the area of the door. Door should open and close
easily and stay in any position it is raised to. If door is heavy and
falls contact a garage door professional for spring adjustment or
7. When I try to open my door motor runs but door does not move.
Re-engage Emergency Disconnect Handle. If handle is engaged and
operator makes a grinding sound internal drive gear is stripped. Replace
8. My motor will not pivot up or will not stay up.
Detent pin is out of adjustment. Adjust detent pin in/out so right
hand tip just touches face of motor bushing. Disconnect opener and
manually pivot motor up to check.
9. When I run an install routine it does not complete 2 up and down cycles. It goes up, down, up and stops and I get 4 beeps.
Potentiometer nut out located on motor control board of adjustment.
Position potentiometer nut 1/8 – 3/16 “ from left stop of motor control
board when door is closed.
10. When I press Wall Station I get no door movement and motor won’t start and operator beeps 6 times.
Damaged Motor Control Board. Replace.