Wayne Dalton Pro Drive/Classic Drive and Quantum Garage Door Opener Troubleshooting Questions and Answers
1. When I press the button on my transmitting device, wall station or remote I get no response from operator.
Program Wall station and remote to unit.
2. From the open position my door begins to close then reverses back to full open and the overhead light flashes fast.
Photo eye issue. Check photo eyes for solid red LED light. If LED is
not lit check alignment of photo eyes and wiring at head of operator.
3. Motor is running but door is not moving.
Verify emergency release cable is engaged. Check chain or belt sprocket coupling for broken cogs.
4. All of my electronic devices (transmitters, wall station,
key pad) quit working at one time and LED on side of unit does not flash
and devices will not program back to operator.
Motor Control Board has failed. Replace board.
5. Motor makes one quick start, shuts down and overhead light flashes.
Broken teeth and drive gear. Check black or white drive gear for broken teeth. Replace drive gear.
6. My neighbor’s remote is opening and closing my door.
Erase memory out of operator and reprogram all electronic devices (transmitters, wall station, key pad) back to operator.
7. I opened and closed my door several times while programing
an electronic device (transmitter, wall station, key pad) and my
operator has shut down and will not move door.
Operator has automatically shut down to prevent overheating. Operator will power back up after 5 – 10 minutes.
8. Operator open doors about 1’ and door falls back down to floor.
Check door balance. Door should open and close easily with one hand
and stay in any position it is placed. If door falls or is heavy to lift
springs have lost tension or springs have broken. Contact door dealer.
9. After programming electronic device (transmitter, wall
station, key pad) door opens 1’ at a time until fully open but closes
Open force out of adjustment. Unplug operator, press and hold program
button, while holding program button down plug operator back up and
release program button. Overhead light will flash 3 times signifying
open force is reset.
10. Wireless photo eyes not functioning.
Replace batteries in photo eyes and attempt to re-program. If photo
eyes will not program replace with wired photo eyes. Wireless photo eyes
no longer available.